APPAREL QUALITY MANAGER
Bioworld Merchandising is a leading design and distribution company of licensed and private label apparel, headwear & accessories to all retails channels. We collaborate with some of the most widely recognized brand and retail partners in the world. We are seeking skilled candidates who are excited to join this amazing team!
We Believe in Great Brands: Our goal is to translate the brand story into product that is as innovative and distinctive as the brand itself.
Creative Culture: Our team brings to our brand partners a unique mix of creative product design paired with merchandising expertise. We believe innovation comes from a diversity of creative ideas.
We are the Market: Our team believes in full immersion to gain insight into retail markets, contemporary culture and consumer reaction.
Bioworld Merchandising is seeking an experienced Apparel Quality Manager for immediate hire. You will be responsible for managing a global team of social compliance, testing and QA/QC members in China, Mexico and India.
- Oversee Social compliance Program for the company
- Review Audit reports and follow up on Corrective Action Plans
- Extensive knowledge of Labor, health, social compliance and fire safety regulations within the Garment and Accessories industry
- Participate in industry and customer seminars and programs to facilitate compliance
- Maintain all the compliance at the factory including but not limited to retailers, licensee both domestically and internationally
- To carry out a study of present set up of various vendors, their systems and documents with respect to different ethical and social parameters.
- Guide the vendor to prepare the factory for audits like social, FCCA, fire safety, etc.
- Maintain the vendor matrix and alert on the expiration in different audits. Apply and co-ordinate the audits by third party agencies.
- Ensure minimum set of standard are maintained in the factory all the time and co ordinate to conduct internal periodic self-assessment with the help of in-country team
- Train and guide the vendor personals with respect to audit
- Must have extensive knowledge of safety and compliance standards. ( CFR, CPSC, ASTM, CPSIA, CA-65 etc.)
- Review of products for safety and quality compliance within all applicable laws
- Research, interpret and create product quality and safety requirement for Apparel and Accessories
- Analyze compliance data and initiate CAP when necessary
- Working with vendors and teams globally to ensure all the standards are addressed and met
- Provide training to global teams
- Must have knowledge of Apparel testing Standards for all major retailers
- Deliver technical support to the vendors and QA team globally by understanding the safety standards and regulations of the customers
- Point of contact for any Quality and Testing related questions on the test reports raised by the Field Staff
- Monitor supplier performance
- Provide technical support on quality issues, sample making to team members and suppliers
- Evaluate and approve inspections and samples
Ideal candidate would:
- Consider it to be an honor and a privilege to be part of the hottest, most creative, dynamic company in the industry!
- Be interested, or well versed, in pop culture to identify with current trends and lifestyle brands which Bioworld represents
- 2 + years apparel compliance experience, as well as testing and QA/QC.
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization both oral and written
- Practical knowledge of federal and state employment laws and their applicability in the workplace.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm; Overnight travel is required as needed