The Marketing Director will translate business goals into successful marketing strategies by leading brand communication strategy, development and execution. The ideal candidate will bring a commercial mentality and strong understanding of effective retail marketing. Will work closely with senior management, design team, sales teams and product development team to optimize internet exposure. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
COMMUNICATION STRATEGY -
The Marketing Director will develop a targeted communication strategy that effectively reaches Bioworld’s targeted geographic scope. The ideal candidate will lead development and execution of Digital/Social Media, Database Marketing, Consumer Promotions and Brand Loyalty.
Bioworld Merchandising is in the midst of re-evaluating its brand positioning to ensure we are relevant, distinctive and authentic. The Marketing Director will work closely with senior management to ensure our positioning is reflected in all communication. The ideal candidate must balance the goal of achieving emotional connections and preference for the brand, with the practical need to consistently drive traffic and loyalty.
Oversee Bioworld’s media strategy and plans. Will work in conjunction with external agency resources, if necessary and internal team. The media strategy should support the brand's positioning, architecture, voice and strategic growth agenda. Media plans should include clear objectives and measurement plans that are aligned with overall company growth objectives.
LOYALTY & CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT
The Director Marketing will be charged with developing a deep understanding of Bioworld’s consumers' purchase behavior, attitudes and beliefs to develop a consumer-centric loyalty platform. With a clear consumer understanding, the perfect candidate will apply that knowledge to develop and deliver customized content that builds brand attraction and consumer loyalty.
ANALYTICS & INSIGHT
The Marketing Director will work closely across the organization to ensure analytical and fact-based decision-making is combined with the collective judgment and experience of the marketing, sales and the design teams. Candidate should have experience in quantitative and qualitative research techniques in Creative Development, New Product Development, Consumer Segmentation and Menu Optimization, combined with a strong analytical understanding and appreciation for business drivers and P&L management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Strategic marketing training and experience from a recognized organization (preferably retail) where marketing serves as a strategic growth driver.
- Experience with an entrepreneurial company, hands-on marketing and strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to translate strategy through to execution in-market.
- Ability to see things differently, and see opportunity where others might not.
- Leads with a vision and enlists others along the way.
- Gathers critical insights and data, knows how to drive/influence decisions.
- A natural team orientation and collaborative style.
- Exceptional listening skills; persuasive communicator.
- Collaborative, team player attitude
- Courageous mentality (will challenge the status quo)
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Results oriented
- Passion and appreciation for pop culture and the fashion industry
- High integrity and trustworthiness
- Intellectual curiosity
Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field, or equivalent professional experience. The Marketing Director must possess an entrepreneurial spirit, strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to guide a dynamic project from inception to conclusion, and a keen eye for detail. S/he will also demonstrate familiarity with and/or competence in the following areas:
· Marketing research
· Statistical analysis
· Budget development
· Financial planning
· Client relationships
· Employee coaching
· Project management
· Customer focus