The Specification Technician creates, maintains and organizes the measurement specs for all silhouettes. As well as develops the process of standardizing the garment construction and fit, communicates with vendors/factories for acquiring samples, specs and other needed information or documentation. Prepares specifications and fit comments in the areas of apparel. Works with vendors to acquire specification approvals and to ensure speedy answers to all specification questions.
• Minimum of five (5) years working as technical designer/spec technician/pattern maker.
• Illustrator, Gerber, Microsoft Software: Word, Excel, Outlook and related programs
• Superior verbal, written, and telephone communication skills
• Critical thinking; ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines and production schedules.
• Advanced hand-patterning and grading is a must. Digital patterning is a plus.
• Advanced fabric draping, construction, and sewing skills.
• Knowledge and thorough understanding of ISO stitch and seam types and terminology.
• Capacity to work independently or within a team environment, follow direction, trouble shoot and meet goals and objectives
• Degreed professional with advanced knowledge of apparel construction and can provide solution-based remedies when faced with stringent deadlines and unforeseeable obstacles that may hinder production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
• Attends development hand-off meetings with designers or retailers and is responsible to determine all technical fit/spec related requirements are addressed for all products.
• Pre-project research to comprehend and follow licensor specifications, testing requirements, labeling and other pertinent technical design elements.
• Identifies problem items early in the spec development phase so corrective action can be taken prior to problems occurring.
• Responsible for the technical design process from initial development to final fit for a broad classification of product.
• Responsible for the fit sample evaluations, size grading process, and correcting fit issues.
• Acquires bulk fabric swatches from the vendors/factories, coordinates product approval submissions from inspection to final product; obtains fabric content and weight approvals and size approvals.
• Manages workflow, prioritizing, and consistent follow through with factories on production orders and reorders.
• Prioritize and processes samples for production as submitted via the sales team or merchandisers.
• Provides support to the graphic design team in conjunction with the presentation garment in relation to product development through graded nesting AI or Gerber files in which to size art.
• Coordinates samples and works directly with factory to track preproduction in relation to fit.
• Approves or rejects fit for development and production.
BA in fashion design or merchandising or a minimum of 5 years experience.
Regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm, or as needed to meet business goals and objectives