Bioworld Merchandising is a leading design and distribution company of licensed and private label apparel, headwear & accessories to all retail channels. We collaborate with some of the most widely recognized brand and retail partners in the world. We are seeking skilled candidates who are excited to join this amazing team!
We Believe in Great Brands:Our goal is to translate the brand story into product that is as innovative and distinctive as the brand itself.
Creative Culture: Our team brings to our brand partners a unique mix of creative product design paired with merchandising expertise. We believe innovation comes from a diversity of creative ideas.
We are the Market:Our team believes in full immersion to gain insight into retail markets, contemporary culture and consumer reaction.
Bioworld is seeking an experienced Assistant Controller to manage daily accounting processes and procedures and supervise Accountingpersonnel. This position will directly report to the Controller.
- Manage AR, AP, Inventory and general accounting functions.
- Assist the Controller in ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of financial statements.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and financial reporting.
- Present various accounting reports to the management team with fact-based observations and recommendations.
- Manage subsidiary’s general ledger and ensure that closing deadlines are being met.
- Develop and maintain a system of internal controls and adopt proper policies for financial reporting.
- Review financial data to ensure fairness and completeness.
- Conduct general ledger account reconciliations and analysis.
- Reconcile bank accounts and assist in the company’s monthly and annual close.
- Assist with coordinating the external audit process.
- Assisting in special projects as assigned.
Ideal candidate profile:
· Previous supervisory experience required.
· Public accounting experience preferred.
· 3 – 7 years of work experience, preferably in apparel and/or wholesale and/or retail companies.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Proficiency with fully-integrated ERP, report writing, excel, outlook and power point.
· Problem Solver and Critical thinker with the ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects.
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
· And lastly, the desire to be a part of a creative and dynamic company!
· A college degree in accounting/related field;
· Candidate must be a CPA or must be pursuing CPA.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm; extended work hours depending on volume.
Overnight travel may be required on a periodic basis.