Magento Web Developer
Bioworld Merchandising is a leading design and distribution company of licensed and private label apparel, headwear & accessories to all retail channels. We collaborate with some of the most widely recognized brand and retail partners in the world. We are seeking skilled candidates who are excited to join this amazing team!
We Believe in Great Brands:Our goal is to translate the brand story into product that is as innovative and distinctive as the brand itself.
Creative Culture: Our team brings to our brand partners a unique mix of creative product design paired with merchandising expertise. We believe innovation comes from a diversity of creative ideas.
We are the Market:Our team believes in full immersion to gain insight into retail markets, contemporary culture and consumer reaction.
The Magento Developer role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues, establishing and maintaining communication with business partners to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
• Design and Develop Portal Content and Applications that integrate with other enterprise systems.
• Work closely with product owners to provide direction and guidance on technical aspects of projects.
• Develop, customize and implement high-quality web solutions that exceed our requirements.
• Meet project deadlines by understanding and analyzing requirements, designing, developing and testing solutions.
• Provide status reports and escalate issues as appropriate to the relevant project stakeholders.
• Contribute to technical solutions and requirements definition.
• Solve complex problems by contributing to analysis and development of technical solutions.
• Deploy code into a variety of production environments.
• Meet regularly with the Director of Application Services to provide status updates, reports on development activity and discuss project/product roadmap planning.
• At least 3 years’ experience developing complex web based applications and/or dynamic websites.
• Fluent in PHP 5, MySQL.
• Strong Magento experience.
• Significant experience working with HTML/DHTML/CSS.
• Strong expertise working within the LAMP stack
• Strong experience working with version control.
• Strong experience working with various API technologies including REST, SOAP.
• Strong experience working with XML.
• Experience with high-end, high traffic web applications.
• Strong conceptual understanding of scalability, performance, and availability.
• Solid understanding of SQL and ability to write/maintain complex queries.
• Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to present ideas and solutions in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong technical documentation skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
• Certifications are a plus
• On call availability.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.