SAMPLE COORDINATOR INTERN
Bioworld Merchandising is a leading design and distribution company of licensed and private label apparel, headwear & accessories to all retails channels. We collaborate with some of the most widely recognized brand and retail partners in the world. Employees of Bioworld consider it to be an honor and a privilege to be part of the hottest, most creative, dynamic company in the industry! We are seeking skilled candidates who are excited to join this amazing team!
We Believe in Great Brands: Our goal is to translate the brand story into product that is as innovative and distinctive as the brand itself.
Creative Culture: Our multi-disciplinary team brings to our brand partners a unique mix of creative product design paired with merchandising expertise. We prize collaboration and believe innovation comes from a diversity of creative ideas.
We are the Market: Our team believes in full immersion to gain insight into retail markets, contemporary culture and consumer reaction.
The Sample Coordinator Intern provides overall support and coordination of initiatives and performs various functions. Works closely with all departments.
• Must be a problem solver with the ability to identify solutions and create solutions.
• Multi tasker that is deadline oriented has the ability to prioritize and is extremely organized.
• Pop Culture knowledge is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be a quick study.
• Ability to build relationships with internal and external partners at all levels.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and the ability to learn new computer systems quickly (MAS500, PLM).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
QC Sealed Samples Daily Duties
• Audit QC samples received by all design teams (all categories) to ensure they are correct. If any issues coordinate with design to ensure factory is notified of any issues to ensure they are corrected.
• Seal all samples.
• Log samples in spreadsheet to keep and to ship.
• Assign samples to keep to a bin location in the QC sample room.
• Create pack list for the sealed samples being shipped. These must be separated our audit teams in different countries.
• Create proforma invoice and shipping label in DHL
• Email pack list and tracking# to each audit team.
• Sealed samples need to be put in their assigned bin locations by the end of day.
• Purge out-dated QC samples.
Sale Sample Room Daily Duties
• Make rounds every morning to design (headwear, footwear, SLG, and bags only) and licensing to pick up samples that need to go in the sales sample room.
• Put samples in the assigned bins and/or create bins for any new categories/licenses.
• Put samples from the return bin to their assigned bin locations.
• Maintain the sample room and repair any damage bins.
• Ensure all bin are properly labeled.
• Return all empty bins to each department
• Pull samples for teams out-of-state or out-of-country when sample requests are submitted.
• Ship all sample requests via DHL and create shipping labels, pack list, and proforma invoices when required.
• Email team that submitted the sample request the tracking# and pack list of samples shipped.
• Purge samples as needed.
Licensing/Brand Samples Warehouse Daily Duties
• Verify inventory on the pack list from receiving department to the goods physically received in our license warehouse. Check off every label on each box.
• Audit the orders received to ensure style#, quality, and quantity are correct.
• Repack and label licensor samples with the date, PO#, style#, and qty.
• Assign repacked licensor samples to designated bin locations in the caged sample room.
• Contact vendors regarding any shortages and/or incorrect artwork, copyrights, legal lines, trims, etc.
• Contact our team in India to pre-receive any licensor inventory that is not showing in MAS that we physically receive.
• Coordinate with licensing, design, and or production when discrepancies are found due to error in-house.
• Bin transfers
• Inventory reconciliations.
• Run inventory report and email licensing team the report.
• Verify paperwork given by licensing to create orders for licensors.
• Create sales orders, pick list, and shipment in MAS for orders shipped to licensors.
• Attach shipping/order form and shipping barcode label to each box being shipped.
• Physically take the boxed orders to the shipping department to be processed and invoiced.
• Take out trash/broken down boxes to trash compactor.
Perusing a Fashion Merchandising degree.