Technical Designer Contract Print
Bioworld Merchandising is a leading design and distribution company of licensed and private label apparel, headwear & accessories to all retails channels. We collaborate with some of the most widely recognized brand and retail partners in the world. Employees of Bioworld consider it to be an honor and a privilege to be part of the hottest, most creative, dynamic company in the industry! We are seeking skilled candidates who are excited to join this amazing team!
We Believe in Great Brands: Our goal is to translate the brand story into product that is as innovative and distinctive as the brand itself.
Creative Culture: Our multi-disciplinary team brings to our brand partners a unique mix of creative product design paired with merchandising expertise. We prize collaboration and believe innovation comes from a diversity of creative ideas.
We are the Market: Our team believes in full immersion to gain insight into retail markets, contemporary culture and consumer reaction.
The Technical Designer-Print will play an important role in executing all aspects of technical packages required across the apparel division. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable with all quality standards relating to a design to meet standard and requirements.
• Must be a problem solver with the ability to identify solutions and create solutions
• Multi tasker that is deadline oriented has the ability to prioritize and is extremely organized
• Pop Culture knowledge is preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be a quick study
• Ability to build relationships with internal and external partners at all levels
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Illustrator, and the ability to learn new computer systems quickly (PLM)
• Work independently on designated styles starting from initial pass-off through production
• Work closely with team members and other departments on each style from development through Production
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
• Create and maintain Technical Packages for all styles produced
• Request samples from screen print factories
• Approve strike off images from the factories
• Follow up on licensor approval so that factories can go into production
• Slight physical labor is required when handling of samples and cartons as they come in
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelors degree in Design/Merchandising.