WAREHOUSE FLOOR LEAD
The Warehouse Floor Lead supervises, directs, and is an expert in the planning and forecasting of goods and materials, takes into consideration safety stock, lead time, and reorder points to include formal and informal methods, pricing and future capacity requirements. The ability to engage fellow team members in a positive and informative manner by which sound decision can be made is an important part of the success of this position. High-energy and in depth knowledge of inventory planning will be utilized to build solid production teams.
· 3+ years master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and planning.
· Proficient analytical & software skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
· Expert in excel spreadsheets: formulas, pivot tables, graphs.
· Excellent Communication: verbal, written, telephone, email.
· Preferred knowledge of demand planning processes within apparel or retail industry.
· Thorough knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, finance, manufacturing and supply chain.
· Proven ability to resolve long and short inventory issues.
· Detail oriented and extreme accuracy.
· End of lifecycle and absolute inventory experience.
· Key inventory, metrics, turn rates, margins, etc.
· Systems savvy – able to learn new systems, navigation processes, and data analysis.
· Multi-Tasking: Ability to manage, oversee, and deliver optimal results with overlapping deadlines, assignments, projects, responsibilities and accountabilities.
· Composure and Tact: Exhibit patience and diplomacy when interacting with internal and external channels, working with tight deadlines, and stringent expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
· Identify products to be included in forecasting; establishes parameters for forecast, analyzes data, calculated forecast.
· Safety stock forecasting; ensures the adequate stock on-hand in the event there is a delay or other issues that may result in an adverse affect to normal lead times.
· Designs and generates routine forecast reports: weekly, monthly, quarterly, seasonal, etc.
· Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes have been communicated and followed.
· Manages inventory targets based on historical data, category expansion projections, and new category introductions.
· Monitors SKU levels and recommends SKU rationalizations based on orders in process, and submitted requisitions.
· Established quantity reorder schedule.
· Collaborates with production, sales, and licensing for current and pending approvals that will affect inventory planning.
· Manages factory and vendor holiday calendars for adequate lead times.
· Monitors and makes recommendations and adjustments to production forecasts and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
· Work closely with logistics coordinators for production team to ensure all testing & factory compliance is complete and packaging/trims are approved.
· Strategically plans and executes production schedules for optimum savings and cost effective movement of goods and materials.
· Continuous improvement to forecasting techniques, methodology and approach.
· Creates, maintains, and routinely audits training and guide materials to make recommendation to retire obsolete practices, improve processes and develop update communications for teams affected by inventory planning.
High School Diploma or GED REQUIRED - Some College Highly Preferred